CAQ 2017-07-25T19:44:53+00:00


The Certificat d’Acceptation du Quebec (Quebec Acceptance Certificate) is the document international students need in order to study in the province of Quebec.


For every province and territory in Canada, you need a letter of acceptance from a Canadian school in order to be eligible for a student visa. Once you have been accepted to your school, you can apply for your study permit through the federal government.

Quebec is the only province that operates a little differently. It’s a two-step process that requires you to obtain a CAQ before you can apply for a study permit to come as an international student. Once you have a letter of acceptance from a school in Quebec, you have to apply for a CAQ. If your application is approved, you can then apply for a study permit through the federal government.

Study in Canada


A CAQ is an immigration application that requires you to provide general information on yourself when you choose to study in Quebec. Basic questions include your contact information, name and date of birth, passport numbers, family ties, and other relevant credentials.

You must also have the letter of acceptance from your school, and information about anyone who is accompanying you during your stay.


While other provinces ask you to go through a similar procedure through the federal government, Quebec requires that you be approved by the provincial government before the federal government makes the final decision about whether or not to issue you a study permit.

To find out more on the CAQ process and requirements, visit the Quebec Immigration website. If you would like to start your journey to becoming a Canadian international student, take our free online assessment today to discover your options!

Get Started

Study Permits — Helping you achieve your Canadian student dreams