Work Options 2017-07-25T19:00:48+00:00


As a full-time international student in Canada you have the option to work during your studies. After graduation, you are also eligible to remain in Canada and pursue employment anywhere in the country.

Study in Canada


Part-time Employment: As a full-time international student in Canada, you are allowed to work part-time up to 20 hours a week. This can include both on and off-campus work, and helps students finance their education.

Full-time Employment: During scheduled breaks, such as winter and summer break, students are allowed to work full-time instead.


One of the greatest benefits of studying in Canada is the option to work after your studies through a Post-Graduation Work Permit (PGWP).

A PGWP is an open work permit visa that allows individuals to stay in Canada after graduation and seek employment anywhere within the country. Unlike most work visas, you are not tied to a specific employer and do not need a formal job offer to be granted the permit. This allows students to stay in Canada and gain valuable work experience after their studies.

These working credentials you gain, along with your prior studies in Canada can go a long way to permanently immigrating to Canada.


The length of time a PGWP is valid depends on the length of the program you graduated from.  If your program was between eight months to two years long, your permit lasts an equivalent amount of time. If it exceeds the two year mark, your permit is valid for up to three years.

If you decide to stay in Canada after your studies with a Post-Graduation Work Permit, your family is eligible for continued status as well.


Study Permits — Helping you achieve your Canadian student dreams